Minor Share Deposit (Savings Account)
For members under 18
Parent or Guardian opens savings account in child’s name.
- Parent or Guardian is joint on the account.
- $1 deposit into account when opened.
- Documentation needed to open account:
- Parent must be eligible for membership- If Parent or Guardian does not have an account, a copy of the drivers license & social security card (or two valid picture IDs) is needed to open the account.
- Need child’s social security card for savings account.
- If a person other than the parent or legal guardian, like grand-parent is opening the account, a letter from legal guardian as authorization is needed.
- Earns dividends paid quarterly, according to the rates.
Share Draft (Checking Account)
For members with Texas Identification Card/Drivers License (15-16+)
This account offers:
- Student as primary checking account holder.
- Parent or Guardian as secondary on account and ultimately responsible.
- $25 deposit in checking account when opened.
- Preparing for the SAT Test
- Preparing for the AP Test
- U.S. Universities List
- The Princeton Review, everything you need to know about college
- The College Authority, LLC, college planning
- College Preparation Checklist
- Practical Money Skills for Life
- Bankerspank.com Credit Unions Vs Banks Videos
- Elevate Economics Mini lessons and games
- Junior Achievement Student Center “your map to tomorrow”
- Reality Check by the Texas Workforce Commission
- Wall Street Journal Classroom Edition